An Island Escape
Tuesday, June 13th to Sunday, June 18th
Location and Accommodation
Join us in Paros, Greece for an epic island getaway. Paros features endless sandy beaches, clear waters and sunshine. Without the crowds of other popular Greek islands, Paros is an ideal island for exploration of nature and culture.
We have chosen “Mika Bungalows” as our home for five nights. Mika Bungalows is a casual, beachfront, family-owned hotel that provides you with everything you’ll need to feel relaxed and cared for during your retreat.
The hotel consists of studio apartments and 2-bedrooms accommodations, each with their own balcony or terrace. In addition, we will enjoy many of our meals on a gorgeous stone terrace, which will transform into our yoga shala, looking out onto our own private beach.
Pretty dreamy, right?
What's included in your yoga holiday?
Once you’ve arrived on-site in Paros, we will take care of the rest so you can Namaste All Day.
Dates: Tuesday, June 13th to Sunday, June 18th
- A five night stay at a family-owned island hotel. You may choose a private or shared room.
- One to two yoga classes per day. Vinyasa by morning and meditation & yin in the evening.
Almost all of your meals and beverages are included while on retreat. Some of your meals will be enjoyed on-site at the hotel, while others will be at traditional Greek village taverns or seaside dining on the island.
- Five delicious vegetarian breakfasts served on-site each morning.
- Three traditional Greek lunches.
- Five nourishing dinners including one luxurious seaside dinner in Naousa and one dinner in the traditional island village of Podromos.
We will take you to some of our favorite places on the island and you will also have free time to explore the island on your own or add on a daytrip to your retreat experience. What’s included:
- A morning visit to the iconic Kolympethres Beach.
- A visit to the interior village of Lefkes for a traditional Greek lunch, walking, and shopping.
- A night out in Naousa village for exploring, shopping and an unforgettable seaside dinner.
- A dinner at a traditional tavern in Podromos, a lesser known, but picturesque and authentic village on the island.
- Transportation is provided for group excursions.
Special gifts for retreat participants to make your Inscape Journey even more memorable.
What's not included?
Your air and sea travel is not included.
Transfer and travel to and from the retreat villa is not included*.
- Many participants will choose to arrive to Athens on Monday, June 12th, the day before the retreat begins. We would suggest booking a hotel in or around the Psyri neighborhood as we will organize a group dinner for anyone who is interested in getting to know your fellow retreaters prior to the start of the retreat. The group members may decide to travel together by ferry or plane to Paros on Tuesday.
Travel and trip insurance.
Your lunch on Saturday is not included as this will be a “free day” for you to explore the island or plan a daytrip to another island.
Extra meals and drinks you enjoy on your own.
Extra excursions or activities you may choose to add onto your yoga holiday such as a cooking class, scooter rental, watersports such as wind-surfing, a boat cruise, or a daytrip to a nearby island, such as Mykonos.
We will be helping to organize a group daytrip to the island of Antiparos to visit some of its incredible coves and its cute town for lunch. Pricing TBD, based on group size.
Early Bird Price Until November 1st, 2022
Mika Bungalows offers the option for private or shared accommodations. You can choose from your own private studio apartment or a room in a two bedroom apartment or house. All apartments have AC, a small kitchen and a private balcony or terrace.
Early bird pricing for deposits made by November 1st, 2022.
General pricing will increase by 100€ per person after November 1st, 2022.
Listed prices are earlybird prices, per participant.
- Private Studio Apartment (3 RESERVED, NONE available)
- Features a double bed and full bathroom.
- Earlybird Price for single occupancy is 1425€
- Earlybird Price for double occupancy (shared double bed) is 1100€ per person
- Two Bedroom Apartment “A” (RESERVED, NOT AVAILABLE)
- Features two separate bedrooms, with a double bed in each room. One full bathroom and one separate WC.
- Earlybird Price for a private bedroom is 1275€
- Earlybird Price for double occupancy (shared double bed) is 975€ per person
- Two Bedroom Apartment “B” (2 RESERVED, NONE AVAILABLE)
- Features two separate bedrooms, with a double bed in one room and a smaller room with a single bed. The apartment has one bathroom.
- Earlybird Price for a private double room is 1225€
- Earlybird Price for double occupancy (shared double bed) is 950€ per person
- Earlybird Price for small private room with a single bed is 1125€
- Two Bedroom House (1 Double Bedroom RESERVED, 1 Single Bed RESERVED, 1 Single Bed available)
- Features two separate bedrooms, with a double bed in one room and two single beds in the second room. The apartment has two bathrooms, a kitchen, living room and terrace.
- Earlybird Price for a private double room is 1275€
- Earlybird Price for double occupancy (shared double bed) is 975€ per person
- Early bird Price for a single bed in a shared room is 1025€ per perso1
Sample itinerary, subject to change:
Day 0– Optional arrival in Athens, informal group dinner in Athens
Day 1– Arrival Day to Paros Island, Welcome Yin Yang Yoga, group dinner and nighttime swim!
Day 2– Morning Vinyasa Yoga, breakfast, visit to Kolympethres Beach, lunch at Mika Bungalows, free time, evening Yin Yoga, dinner in Naousa
Day 3– Morning Vinyasa Yoga, breakfast, free time, lunch in Lefkes village, Yin Yoga, dinner at Mika Bungalows.
Day 4– Morning Vinyasa Yoga, breakfast, free time to explore Naousa or the island, optional lunch at Mika Bungalows, Yin Yoga, dinner in Podromos village.
Day 5– Morning Vinyasa Yoga, breakfast, free day for excursions or daytrips. Suggested day trip to Anitparos Island. Final group dinner at Mika Bungalows.
Day 6– Morning Vinyasa Yoga on the beach and closing ceremonies, breakfast, departures.
It is suggested to arrive by plane to Athens airport, unless you are traveling from another island.
Ferries from Athens to Paros:
- Departures from Rafina Port, which is closer to Athens airport, in case you are flying into Athens on Tuesday morning.
- Departures from Piraeus Port, which is closer to Athens city center, if you are arriving on Monday.
- Average ferry ride is between 3 hours to 6 hours, depending on the speed of the ferry.
- Ferry prices range from 45€ to 75€ each way.
- www.ferryscanner.com will show you up-to-date pricing and schedules.
Flights from Athens to Paros:
- There are a few different airlines that fly directly to Paros
- Average pricing is between 75€ and 250€ roundtrip, Athens –Paros.
- Flight time is about 45 minutes
Based on your arrival and departure times, we will do our best to organize group transfers to and from Mika Bungalows for an extra fee. However, the hotel is accessible by taxi and bus if a group transfer is not available.
Your reservation can be made through the online booking system and can be made by credi card through Stripe, or via PayPal.
In order to reserve your spot, we ask for a non-refundable deposit of 250€.
Total retreat payment due by February 1st, 2023
Any cancellations made before February 1st will receive a full refund of the amount paid by participant, less the 250€ deposit.
Any cancellations made between February 2nd and March 1st will receive a 50% refund of the total price paid by participant.
Any cancellations made between March 2nd and May 1st will receive a 25% refund of the total price paid by participant.
No refund for cancellations made after May 1st.***
***We are aware that many unforeseen circumstances may occur and result in the event of a cancelation. In the event of the cancelation, if you are able to fill your spot or if the spot can be filled by a participant on the waiting list, we would be happy to refund your payment, less the 250€ non-refundable deposit.
*If borders close due to COVID-19, you will be refunded the retreat amount, less the 250€ deposit, which is transferable to a future retreat.
Hi, I’m Jennison, your retreat host!
I am so excited to share this retreat with you. As a seasoned yoga teacher of over 10 years and a retreat leader for five years, I am passionate about creating meaningful and memorable yoga experiences.
You can expect a light-hearted, spirit-nourishing retreat that leaves you feeling connected, appreciated and loved.
All levels of practitioners are always welcome. Remember, “yoga is not about touching your toes, but what you learn on the way down.”
See you on the mat, my friend 🙂